Leadership Vision believes that the combination of our services addresses the primary concerns of leaders that are committed to being more effective now and in the future for their organizations.
Jim provides all services, unless otherwise indicated in an engagement agreement. Services are ideally provided at the client location(s).
Much of what we see labeled as “Leadership Development” focuses on skill building and knowledge. While these elements are a part of developing leaders, the more important part is about building the ‘capacity’ to lead. This is not only about skill and knowledge, but creating ‘experience.’ Our approach seeks to take the leader where they are in terms of their knowledge, skill, and capacity to lead and accelerate their development through a combination of teaching (key competencies of leaders), education, drawing forth their internal knowledge, and coaching, to focus on personal and leadership development that is theirs alone. We use their environment to accelerate their personal and leadership development.
Leadership Effectiveness Education –We shape our Education and Training tailored to the needs of those we work with. What do they already know about leading? What is their skill in doing so? What are the gaps and how might we close those gaps (i.e., building relationships, communication, creating greater engagement, prioritization of time and energy, high performing teams).
Leadership Effectiveness Coaching (Service provided by Jim Struck) –Drawing on their experience, the observation of their peers, bosses, and direct reports we establish a Development Plan tailored to the leader’s unique needs. This insures the optimum focus and progress in the shortest amount of time.
Individual Leader Personal Development – Everything starts with self-awareness. Often, we use some combination of assessments to provide greater awareness about their preferred behavior style, and their Emotional Intelligence, to sharpen their understanding of strengths and where opportunities lie to improve their leadership performance.
Strategy Mapping –Assists and facilitates to:
- Turn the intangible assets of leadership knowledge about strategy into tangible outcomes
- Describe and illustrate in clear and general language the objectives, initiatives and targets of the organization – all reduced to clear and simple flow charts and in language that can be used for measurement
- Enable work on strategic items in a coordinated, collaborative fashion
- Make sure that strategic decisions are fully communicated/understood by all key stakeholders
Key Decision Making and Execution Process –
Assists and facilitates to:
- Convert decisions to output – significantly improving leadership effectiveness
- Sharpen the dynamics, execution and accountability of key decision making by leaders
- Charge open innovation, team focus and fierce execution
- Instill the habits of great decision making in a process called the The Discovery/Innovation Process (DIP)™
- Move the leadership culture to improved key decision and the execution of projects in a workable project management format
Pay for Performance Planning – Assists and facilitates:
- The design of short and long term compensation based upon clear and measurable language which comes from strategy mapping and key decision making
- The balancing of the different elements of compensation to assure recruitment, retention, reward and discipline
- The analysis of performance and effectiveness in achieving short and long term measurements and provides an independent and benchmarked process for compensation determinations
- The appropriate balance between individual and team performance, including clarity about the cause and effect links between accountable individuals to a specific strategy or decision
CEO Succession and Transition Planning – Assists and facilitates to:
- Hand over the reins to a new leader – a delicate balancing act under the best of circumstances
- Create a strong sense of the qualities the new leader should have
- Inform what stakeholders expect in the new leader
- Inform and confirm the existence of internal candidates with the appropriate leadership skill, experience and proven experience
- Provide a platform for the organization to review mission, vision, strategy, organizational structure and governance model – make changes for the future – and align the changes with the process to select a new leader
- Provide a job profile, job competencies and a process to consider candidates, both internal and external
- Provide an internal process to review internal candidates before making the decision to look outside the organization
- Provide a process for key stakeholder input and communication
- Provide a process for clear and timely communication of steps in succession and transition
- Provide a process for on-boarding of the new leader
- Provide a clear transition of leadership to the new leader, with specific steps and a timetable
- Provide a process and benchmarking for the employment and compensation design of the transitioning executive and the new leader